The key element in Intercessory Prayer is NOT our will, but the will of the FATHER! It doesn’t do any good to pray night and day against God. We MUST be praying the WILL of God.
What is God’s will? That EVERY SOUL NOT PERISH. THAT EVERY SOUL BE SAVED. Praying for lost souls is always the will of God. Praying for every soul to know the love of God, their Kingdom purpose and identity.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to HIS WILL He hears us. And if we know that He hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of Him. (I John 5:14-15)
Pray with understanding: Ephesians 6:l8
-Pray in the Spirit in tongues: Romans 8:26; Jude 20
-Intercede according to the will of God: I John 5:l4-l5
-Pray always: Luke 2l:36; Ephesians 6:l8
-Pray continually without ceasing: Romans 12:12; I Thess. 5:l7
-Intercede to the Father in the name of Jesus: John l5:l6
-Pray with a watchful attitude: I Peter 4:7
-Pray using the example of the model prayer: Matthew 6:9-l3
-Pray with a forgiving spirit: Mark ll:25
-Pray with humility: Matthew 6:7
-Sometimes accompany prayer with fasting: Matthew l7:2l
-Intercede fervently: James 5:l6; Colossians 4:l2
-Pray with submission to God: Luke 22:42
-Use the strategies of binding and loosing in prayer: Matthew l6:l9
“This, then, is how you should pray:“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread.12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)
We are praying WITH JESUS for our Father’s will to be done
1 Pet 3:22 Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand interceding to the father on our behalf—with angels, authorities, and powers in submission to him.
PRINCIPLES FOR EFFECTIVE INTERCESSION
Here are some principles of effective Intercession drawn from the foregoing Scriptures:
- Praise God for who He is and for the privilege of engaging in the same wonderful ministry as the Lord Jesus (Hebrews 7:25). Praise God for the privilege of cooperating with Him in the affairs of men through prayer.
- Make sure your heart is clean, harboring no unforgiveness before God by having given the Holy Spirit time to convict, should there be any unconfessed sin (Psalms 66:28;239:23-24).
- Acknowledge you cannot really Pray without the direction and power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:26). Ask God to utterly guide you by His Spirit, receive by Faith that He does, and thank Him (Ephesians 5:18).
- Deal aggressively with the enemy. Come against him in the all-powerful Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the “sword of the Spirit”–the Word of God (James 4:7).
- Die to your own imaginations, desires, and burdens for what you feel you should Pray (Proverbs 3:5-6; 28:26; Isaiah 55:8).
- Praise God now in Faith for the remarkable Prayer meeting you are going to have. He is a remarkable God and will do something consistent with His character.
- Wait before God in silent expectancy, listening for His direction (Psalms 62:5; Micah 7:7; Psalms 81:11-13).
- In Obedience and Faith, utter what God brings to your mind, believing (John 10:27). Keep asking God for direction, expecting Him to give it to you. He will (Psalms 32:8). Make sure you don’t move to the next subject until you have given God time to discharge all He wants to say regarding this burden, especially when Praying in a group.
- Always have the Word of God with you should God want to give you direction or confirmation from it (Psalms 119:10-5).
- When God ceases to bring things to your mind to Pray for, finish by Praising and Thanking Him for what He has done, reminding yourself of Romans 11:36,”For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.” To Him be the glory forever! Amen.”
These promises focus specifically on the subject of Prayer:
-The Father knows what you need even before you ask: Matthew 6:8
-If any two agree in prayer, it will be answered: Matthew l8:l9
-All things are possible with God: Matthew l9:26; Luke l8:27
-Prayer combined with faith is effective: Matthew 2l:22; Mark ll:24
-If you ask in the name of Jesus, it will be done: John l4:l4
-The effectual fervent (heart-felt) prayer of the righteous availeth much: James 5:l6
Standing with you, Sheila
IF our ministry has blessed you, and you want to SOW in faith into marriage restoration and the work God is doing, would you consider GIVING?
ebooks & Magazines
Email Devotional & Support
FB support group,
Want to be a Guest Writer?
(~Marriage Revealed Ministries Inc. is committed to helping bring healing and restoration to couples who are struggling in their marriage. We do this through the revelation of Who God is and His heart and design for marriage which never intends abuse in any form. If you suspect abuse in your relationship, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or visit them online at thehotline.org~